COVID-19 & Modern Piano
We are open! With the continued high demand for piano and organ moving we have made some adjustments to our normal operating procedures to continue serving you as the nation’s premier piano moving company.
Most of our routes are running as regularly scheduled with just a few having a small backlog or delay. We are prioritizing health over speed and safety over volume. We are working diligently to keep clients informed of any unexpected delays and will work with you if you need to store, postpone, or delay your move.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
From increased precautions in the truck and in your home, to mandatory resets for our drivers, we are eager to help with your piano moving needs.
- Crews have been provided hand sanitizer and are required to use it before and after entering every home.
- Face coverings are available on every truck should you or your municipality require it.
- We are encouraging no handshakes when we enter and leave the home.
- Thermometers have been provided for periodic use throughout the day to monitor any symptoms if needed.
- All Modern Piano employees feeling ill with Covid-19 symptoms have been instructed to stay home and seek medical attention.
- We respect clients who prefer to remain in another room while we handle the piano. Minimally, we ask for social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- We continually monitor government and industry updates and create protocol as needed.
- We are happy to work with our clients if delivery of an instrument is not feasible due to the virus. Please reschedule your move if you feel that you have been in direct contact with a known COVID-19 case or if you are feeling ill.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A DRIVER IS ILL OR INJURED
Piano moving is a skilled trade that requires a licensed CDL driver, the ability to assemble and disassemble pianos and organs, as well as great customer service. Modern Piano Moving does not have ‘stand by’ temporary movers in the event of driver illness or injury.
Unfortunately, as a small, family-owned business, if one of our drivers becomes ill or injured, it will delay the pickup or delivery of your instrument. We are typically in each part of the country every month. If a driver becomes unavailable due to illness, it can delay him until the next trip through, in the following month.
Modern Piano Moving will do everything we can to assist you if this occurs:
- PICKUP – If your instrument must be picked up by a deadline we cannot meet, we can help you find a reputable, local piano mover to pick it up and store it until we arrive. Although we are unable to cover the additional costs of the local mover, we can look at your order and remove items that may have increased your price such as steps or access issues.
- DELIVERY – If we are unable to deliver your piano due to illness, we assure you that your instrument is in a secure, climate-controlled facility. There will never be a storage fee and our dispatch will contact you with updates as soon as possible.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Many of our amazing customers have asked us how they can help. Our response is simple: Although we don’t expect anything and we are fully prepared for any challenge on the road, any level of assistance is a blessing.
In some areas, our drivers still struggle to find available food/dine-in restaurant options and occasionally experience limited accessibility to truck stop showering facilities. When we cannot find viable showering facilities, we do provide hotel accommodations for the crew. No additional costs incurred during this time have been absorbed by our rates. Additionally, no rate increase is planned for the foreseeable future. We are very grateful to our many clients that have offered everything from showers, hot meals, to-go bags, water bottles, restaurant gift cards, and more.
If you would like to tip your crew; In lieu of cash tips, drivers can accept Venmo, PayPal and Cashapp. Tips can also be added to the credit card on file and we will split it amongst the crew.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this time. Your Sales Rep will be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.